THE LD REFERENCE BOOK
Learning Disabilities, Understanding the Problem and Managing the Challenges
If you are not sure what the challenges are, and you want to know what you can do to support a child you love, you will find this LD Reference Book to be very helpful. The author has taken a large volume of useful information and simplified it into a little book small enough to fit into a purse or pocket. There is even an electronic version that you can read on your cell phone.
Written from the unique perspective of a veteran educator it combines the most relevant information from her 25 years of experience into one little powerhouse of information. In it you will discover what you, as a parent, teacher or caretaker, will need to know about managing the challenges presented by children with learning disabilities, and the need for a special education.
This book discusses in detail
- what your child needs in the way of an appropriate individualized education that will assure his success at school,
- what you need to do to assure that he gets what he needs, and
- the laws that will support your efforts.
THE TABLE OF CONTENTS
I. Understanding the Problems
An introduction to the concept of learning disabilities
and the environmental influences that affect the child's ability to learn.
- Learning Disabilities
- Environmental Influences
- Immature Development
- Emotional Problems
- Nutrition, Alergies, Hypoglycemia
- Sleep and Learning
- Toxic Metals
II. Managing the Administrative Challenges
A definition and history of special education and the
process of determining eligibility
- Laws that Govern Special Education
- The Individualized Education Plan
- Educational Advocacy
- Tests and Testing
- Advocacy at its Best
III. Managing the Challenges in the Classroom
Signs and symptoms of learning disabilties with accommodations and modifications for home and the classroom
How to Use the LD Reference Book...
- Visual processing
- Auditory processing
- Sensori-Motor Integration
- Attention Deficit Disorder
When reading a reference book you do not have to read the whole book just the parts that answer your immediate questions. You can read the other parts later when new questions arise.
If you follow these examples throughout the process of deciding whether your child would benefit from special education, and you remember to refer to this little reference book often, you will quickly reap the reward of
a happy stress free school year.
Read Chapter I
An electronic version (eBook) is available for international orders and others who may prefer a digital copy. Look for an immediate email from Pay Pal with a download link.
You are not in this alone...
Along with the purchase of the LD reference book, a licensed professional will help by
- explaining anything you do not understand
- interpreting the law
- explaining your rights
- reviewing the school’s documents, and sometimes,
- just listening and talking you through the hard spots.
Your purchase of Learning Disabilites, Understanding the Problem, Managing the Challenges has all these benefits
- you will never have to spend any more money on your child's learning disability
- your purchase will help to keep this website on the internet
- we will remain available for as long as you need us. That is,
- free contact by fax, phone, or email as often as you feel the need it.
The cost is only $19.95, and even less for an eBook to read on your cell phone or other electronic device.
There are 100 copies of the first edition available for sale. Purchase the ebook and we will send you the first edition for free. Place your order by clicking here.